Pierce County Skills Center
The Pierce County Skills Center offers year-long Career and Technical Education program designed to give students an in depth look into specific career fields. PCSC courses are taught by industry professionals in state-of-the-art facilities. PCSC programs earn high school and college credit and prepare students to successfully transition to post-secondary education.
- Students attend their home high school for the morning half-day and PCSC for the afternoon.
- PCSC serves juniors and seniors only
- Programs are tuition free, but there may be course fees.
- Transportation is provided to and from the high school.
- Students may earn up to 1.5 credits per semester. Total 3 per year
Students who are interested in attending should meet with their counselor to review credit status and to complete a PCSC application.
- Aerospace Composites
- Aerospace Machining
- Automotive Technology
- Construction Trades
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Video Game Development
- Fire Science & Emergency Services Medical Careers
- PC Networking & Hardware Repair
- Pre-Pharmacy Technology
- Pre-Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine
- Pre-Veterinary Technology
See the course equivalency guide for a list of equivalency credits for SHS. PCSC Course Equivalency Guide